50 Girl Students Fall Ill After Having Hostel Dinner In Odisha’s Koraput

Koraput: At least 50 inmates of Kasturba Gandhi Girls Hostel in Lamtaput area of Odisha’s Koraput district were taken ill after allegedly consuming contaminated food as dinner on Sunday night.

According to sources, the girl students complained of diarrhoea, vomiting and stomachache after having dinner around 9 pm.

On being informed, a team of five doctors from the Lamtaput Community Health Centre (CHC) reached the hostel. The students were then admitted to the healthcare facility and later discharged after improvement in their condition.

It is being suspected that the students fell ill due to food poisoning.

A team of doctors from Koraput will be visiting the hostel and collecting food sample for examination, the sources added.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.