Bhubaneswar: Six pairs of daily MEMU/passenger trains will remain cancelled up to May 23, and three pairs won’t run on May 14.
The decisions were taken as per guidelines issued by Government of Odisha, to break the chain of surging COVID-19 positive cases. Another reason for the cancellations is poor patronisation amid the raging second wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
Following trains are cancelled till May 23:
* 08456/08455 Bhubaneswar-Kendujhargarh-Bhubaneswar Special
* 08412/08411 Bhubaneswar-Bhadrak-Bhubaneswar Special
* 08438/08437 Cuttack-Bhadrak-Cuttack Special
* 08461/08462 Cuttack-Paradeep-Cuttack Special
* 08454/08453 Cuttack-Bhadrak-Cuttack Special
* 08528/08527 Visakhapatnam-Raipur-Visakhapatnam Special
Following trains won’t operate on May 14:
* 08428/08427 Puri-Angul-Puri Special
* 08432/08431 Puri-Cuttack-Puri Special
* 08433/08434 Bhubanewar-Palasa-Bhubaneswar Special
Also, three pairs of special trains will be cancelled partially on nominated dates a as follows:
* 08428/08427 Puri-Angul-Puri Special on May 13, 17 & 22 will run between Puri and Talcher, and remain cancelled between Talcher and Angul from both directions.
* 02097/02098 Bhubaneswar-Junagarh Road-Bhubaneswar Special from Bhubaneswar between May 13 and 22, and from Junagarh Road between May 14 and 23 will run between Bhubaneswar and Rayagada and will remain cancelled between Rayagada and Junagarh Road from both directions.
* 08301/08302 Sambalpur-Rayagada-Sambalpur Special between May 13 and 23 will run between Sambalpur & Titilagarh and remain cancelled between Titilagarh and Rayagada from both directions.