Tehran: Urging the US to lift it’s blockade of Iranian ports, a top official in Tehran said that the country’s military is ready for further confrontation, even as Iran submitted a revised proposal to Pakistan to end the conflict in West Asia.
Mohsen Rezaei, a member of Tehran’s Expediency Council and former IRGC commander warned that Washington should lift the Iranian ports blockade, calling it an “act of war”, and added that confronting the blockade was Tehran’s right, Al Jazeera reported.
“We advise the US military to end the siege before the Sea of Oman becomes your graveyard,” Rezaei said. The former IRGC commander added, “The longer they prolong the naval blockade of Iran, the greater the damage to countries around the world will be,” he said on state television.
It will not bow to pressure tactics of the United States, Iran said. The blockade of Iranian ports by Washington began on April 13 and president Donald Trump has said the restrictions will remain until Iran agrees to a peace deal on his conditions.
Rezaei, while commenting on negotiations to end the conflict, said the US needed to “show in practice that it is trustworthy”, as reported by The Indian Express.
“It is America that must prove itself now. Our armed forces have their finger on the trigger, and, at the same time, diplomacy continues,” he added.
The revised proposal from Iran to end the conflict in West Asia has been shared by Pakistan with the United States as peace talks between the two countries remain stalled, Reuters reported quoting a source.
Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed the development and said that Tehran’s views had been “conveyed to the American side through mediator Pakistan”.
Trump, last week had said, that the ceasefire with Iran which was reached in April was “on life support”.















