After ‘Biju Babu’s’ Dakota, Cuttack Denizens Want Netaji’s Austin Car Back In Odisha
Cuttack: With the iconic Dakota (DC-3) VT-AU1 aircraft back in Odisha’s capital city, which was flown by legendary leader Biju Patnaik, the denizens of Cuttack city have requested the state government to trace and bring back Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s Austin car to his birthplace ‘Janankinath Bhawan’ at Odia Bazaar.
“Netaji used the Austin car from 1930 to 1941. he travelled from Kolkata to Burma in the car. The state government managed to bring back Biju Babu’s Dakota. If it can bring back Netaji’s car and showcase it as his birthplace, it will be a great tribute to the freedom fighter of our country,” convenors of city-based social organisation Netaji Foundation Jinesh Das and Biki Chakrabarty said in the memorandum to Cuttack Collector Bhabani Shankar Chayani.
They added that the whereabouts of the car were not known.
According to media reports, an antique Baby Austin Car that Subhash Chandra Bose was spotted in one of the warehouses of the Barari Coke Plant in Dhanbad in 2014.
Likewise, the members of Cuttack-Choudwar Bikash Parisada led by its president Manas Parida have submitted a memorandum to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik through Tangi-Choudwar Tehsildar demanding fulfilment of their 10-point charter of demands pertaining to Netaji, including
- Bringing back Netaji’s car
- Construction of his statue in Cuttack
- Establishment of a research centre in Cuttack for carrying out studies on his life
- Naming some important roads of the city on Netaji
- Introduction of a story on the brave son of India in the school syllabus
- Collection of his daily use articles and installation of his statue on the premises of Revenshaw Collegiate School where had studied