Bhubaneswar: The finance department of Odisha government passed an order on Monday whereby all public sector and private sector banks, RRBs, Odisha State Co-operative Bank, Small Finance Bank and Insurance companies will be allowed to function as per normal banking hours for customers with 50% staff for the large branches and full staff for small branches with less than five employees till August 31.
All guidelines like social distancing norms, use of mask, hand sanitizers, etc will have to be strictly followed.
Following are the other financial institutions allowed to operate normally till August 31:
* Clearing House, Controlling Office of Banks, SEBI, Controlling Heads of Insurance Companies and RBI with 50% of staff
* Capital and debt market services as notified by SEBI with 50% of staff
* Cash-in transit companies, ATM maintenance companies and staff of NPCI
* BCs and CSPs of banks operating in the state
* NBFC/RBI-regulated MFIs operating in the state with 50% staff
* Postal employees and bank employees allowed to go to premises of senior citizen and differently abled persons, to deliver cash on phone calls, during normal banking hours
Banks and other financial institutions have been advised to sanitise their offices with disinfectant spray at regular interval and keep sanitizer at the entry gate for customers.
Also, the district administration has been requested to be vigilant to ensure strict norms of social distancing are followed in respective districts.