BJP’s Pragya Thakur Ill Again, Airlifted To Mumbai
New Delhi: Bhopal Parliamentarian Pragya Singh Thakur or Sadhvi Pragya was on Saturday airlifted to Mumbai for treatment after she complained of a breathing problem. She was admitted to the city’s Kokilaben Hospital, NDTV quoted the MP’s office as saying. This is the second time in less than a month that the BJP leader has been hospitalised. On February 19, she was taken to New Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), with similar issues.
Earlier, she was admitted to AIIMS in December 2020 after showing COVID-19-induced symptoms.
Who is Sadhvi Pragya?
- She won the 2019 Lok Sabha polls from Bhopal, defeating her nearest rival, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, by over 3.6 lakh votes.
- She is an accused in the 2008 Malegaon bombings that left 10 people dead and scores injured.
- This was the first time that a terror accused had become an MP in India.
- She was granted bail in 2017 by the National Investigation Agency on health grounds.
- She is known for controversial statements like calling Nathuram Godse, Mahatma Gandhi’s assassin, a “patriot”.