Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Thursday issued a set of comprehensive guidelines on Durga Puja.
The BMC commissioner Sanjay Singh in an official order said the puja committees and organisers have to follow the guidelines which have issued as per the state government order on celebration of festivals.
The guidelines will remain effective for Durga Puja in the city from October 11 to 15.
Following are the guidelines of the BMC:
- Congregation for celebration of Durga Puja will not be allowed in public. The puja committees/organisers can conduct the puja in mandaps/pandals by adopting all COVID protocols such as social distancing, wearing masks, proper sanitisation. They have to obtain permission from the officer authorised by the Commissioner of Police, Bhubaneswar.
- The puja will be performed in indoor condition only for rituals without public participation and pomp and grandeur.
- The pandals will have to be covered on three sides and one side to be opened for use by the priest for rituals. This fourth side should be covered properly so as not to allow any public view/darshan of the idols by devotees.
- The idol size will be less than 4 feet.
- Public address system will not be used during the puja .
- At any point of time, not more than 7 persons will be allowed including the
organisers/priests/Kartas/support staff in the pandal. All those present there will have to follow COVID protocols strictly. The organisers have to ensure that only those who have been fully vaccinated are allowed for performing the puja.
- There will be no immersion procession. The idols will be immersed in artificial ponds to be created by BMC for the purpose.
- Maximum 10 persons should be involved in the immersion. The puja committees must ensure that they are fully vaccinated and adhere to COVID appropriate behaviour during the rituals.
- During the puja period, procession of any kind or musical or entertainment programme is allowed.