BMC Nod To Roadside Vendors To Shift To Gadeswar Haat At VSS Nagar In Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) has decided to shift the relocated vendors of Gadeswar Haat at VSS Nagar in the city from the roadside sites to the premises of the Hat.
The BMC took the decision following the request of Gadeswar Haat Banik Sangha in this regard. The Sangha pointed out that the road and sewage works on the road was causing congestion at the place affecting the business of the vendors besides posing problems to the people.
Considering the Sangha’s request, the BMC agreed to shift the vendors inside the Haat on the condition that it has to strictly ensure the following guidelines:
- The vendors will be shifted to their previous places of the Haat
- They will sit leaving a gap of 2 metre from each other
- They have to ensure that the customers maintain social distancing
- All have to use masks
- The Gadeswar Banik Committee has the responsibility of sanitising the area
- The Haat will sit only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7 am to 9 pm
The BMC said in case of violation of the conditions, it will close down the Haat till further notice.