25 Houses Gutted In Major Fire At Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: As many as 25 houses belonging to street vendors were gutted in a major fire that broke out at Kalariput slum in Rasulgarh area on Monday afternoon.
The incident took place at around 2:30 pm.
According to sources, property worth several lakhs of rupees including two motorcycles, utensils, clothes and toys meant for selling were completely reduced to ashes.
Receiving information about the mishap, three fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to bring the situation under control after nearly three hours.
Though the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be known, the locals suspect that an electrical short circuit might have triggered the blaze.