Koraput: The Central University of Odisha (CUO) here will be conducting terminal semester examinations in a phased manner from July 6 to July 27 this year.
The examination will be held in offline mode, while adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures of COVID-19.
The first phase of the examination will be held from July 6 to July 11 for the departments of Anthropology, Biodiversity and Conservation of Natural Resources, Journalism and Mass Communication, Odia, Sanskrit and Hindi, a press release issued by the varsity said.
The second phase of examination will be conducted from July 14 to July 20 for MBA, B.Ed, Economics and Statistics and the third phase from July 23 to July 27 for BCA, Mathematics, Sociology and English.
Concerned about the welfare of the students, Vice-Chancellor Prof. I. Ramabrahmam has asked the faculty members to counsel them, while reassuring them of the needed medical and infrastructural services during the examinations.
He has also offered them extended library timings for preparation during the examinations.
In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, these following decisions were taken in the meeting held under the chairmanship of the Vice-Chancellor on Friday.
- All Heads of the Departments will prepare the final exam time-table mentioning the course code, exam duration etc for better understanding of the students. This will be available on the University website. The HODs are also requested to send the exam time-table to their respective students and inform them accordingly.
- All the examinations will be conducted at the University main campus, Sunabeda. Only practical examinations and Viva-Voce will be conducted at the respective departments. The seating arrangement for the examinations will be made keeping in view the social distancing SOP.
- All students must use face mask and wash their hands frequently with soap or use sanitizer. Ideally, students should go for a routine health check-up before coming to the University.
- All students must download the Aarogya Setu App in their mobile and follow the Govt. of India as well as Govt. of Odisha guidelines regarding the lockdown situation and must maintain social distancing while travelling as well as in the campus.
- Sanitizing of the campus, especially academic departments, library, and hostels will be made before and after every phase of examination.
- The University shall provide the bus services in its old route (Jeypore, Koraput, and Semiliguda) during exam days.
- Centralised mess arrangement will be made for the boarders by the University and students have to pay for food accordingly. University canteen will remain open during daytime.
- Doctor and ambulance will be available in the campus everyday for emergency health services.
- A steering Committee has been constituted to deal with all the examination related matters.
- Hostel boarders, whose examination is in first phase, shall reach the University campus by July 5 and leave the University campus by July 12, 2020. For second phase examination, the boarders shall reach the University campus on July 12 or July 13 and leave the campus by July 21, 2020 and for third phase boarders shall reach on July 21 or July 22 and leave the campus by July 28, 2020.
- Information related to examination will be updated regularly on the University website for the larger public Interest.
- Students are requested to follow the Standard Operating Procedure and contact their respective HODs for further advisories.