Mumbai: Bollywood celebrities have a crazy fan following. Whenever one of them promotes a product or a brand, their ardent fans often go for it without blinking an eye.
Keeping in view emotions and love of fans for their favourite celebrities, some restaurateurs have named food items after them. Here’s a list that will surely tickle your taste buds:
- Chicken Sanju Baba — This chicken dish has been named after Sanjay Dutt. It so happened that once Sanjay visited an Indian restaurant and suggested a chicken recipe to the chef. As a mark of respect for the actor, the restaurant owner named the dish after him.
- Kareena’s Size-Zero Pizza — During the making of ‘Tashan’, Kareena’s size-zero had made heads turn. To make hay while the sun shone, an Italian pizza joint in Delhi named a pizza ‘size-zero pizza’. It has a thin crust and is topped with diced chicken, red chilies, baby corn, onions and low-fat cheese.
- Deepika Padukone Dosa — Some restaurant owners in Austin, Texas, who are ardent fans of Deepika, named a dosa after her.
- Akshay Kumar Shoaibtini — Akshay Kumar played the role of Shoaib in ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbai’ and some fight sequences of the film were shot in a resort in Oman. To celebrate the success of the film, the owner of the resort has named a cocktail Shoaibtini, after Akshay’s character.
- Priyanka Chopro’s Exotic Milkshake — Priyanka’s song ‘Exotic’ was a massive hit. To celebrate the song, a milkshake bar in West Hollywood has named a shake ‘Exotic milkshake’. Exotic Milkshake is made with banana and almonds, and is topped with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream, with a hint of ginseng.
- Bobby cake — Named after Bobby Deol, ‘Bobby cake’ is a three-tier chocolate cheesecake made with walnuts, caramelised nuts, praline and layered with chocolate mousse and New York cheesecake. Milanda Jagtiani, a confectioner from Mumbai, has named the cake after the actor.
- Sonam Special — On Sonam’s 25th birthday, confectioner Divya Ranglani baked a cake for the actress and named it Sonam Special. Sonam Special is stuffed with oatmeal and real fruits, and has no preservatives or extra sugar in it.
- Bholi Bhali Punjaban — It is a cocktail named after actress Richa Chadha of Fukrey In the movie, Richa played the character of Bholi Punjaban and to celebrate her performance, a lounge in Mumbai named a cocktail Bholi Bhali Punjaban.