Sambalpur: The Sambalpur University will remain shut for one more week from Tuesday as a preventive measure in view of risingin Sambalpur and Burla.
According to the official notification, the university office, as well as the PG departments, will remain closed from July 14 to July 20. “Any further development in this regard will be posted in the University wcbsitc,” it said.
However, all employees of the varsity have asked to keep their mobile phones switched on and be available on urgent notice or call, the official notification said.
Besides, the employees who are not coming to the office will work from home.
“All the employees are required to remain in headquarters and any deviation in this regard will be viewed seriously,” the notification added.
Notably, Vice-Chancellor Prof Deepak Behera earlier on July 6 had announced the closure of the university office and all postgraduate departments till July 13.
Sambalpur district has so far reported 113 COVID-19 cases and 92 among them have recovered from the infection.