COVID Spread: BMC Declares 6 Places As Micro-Containment Zones In Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: In order to prevent the spread of COVID infection, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday declared 6 places in the city as micro-containment zones.
The BMC has imposed the containment restrictions in those places where multiple COVID positive cases were detected. The municipality had declared 18 places as micro-containment zones on Sunday and 15 places on Saturday.
The Corporation has declared the following places in south-west zone under its jurisdiction as micro-containment zones:
1. PLOT NO- 21, KRISHNA GARDEN, PH-II, JAGAMARA, Ward No-63.
2. PLOT NO- MIG-1/175, SATYSAI ENCLAVE, KOLATHIA, Ward No-49.
3. PLOT NO- 1120, LANE-L1, JAGAMOHAN NAGAR, JAGAMARA, Ward No-63
4. PLOT NO- 202/884, KOLATHIA, Ward No-49.
5. FLAT NO- A-106, KOKILA ENCLAVE, POKHARIPUT, WARD NO-62,
6.FLAT NO- 403, CREATIVE ENCLAVE, NAYAPALLI, WARD NO-39
As per the restrictions imposed by the BMC in the containment zones, public entry is banned and the inhabitants of the areas have to stay indoors.
Shopping establishments, government and private institutions located in the containment zones will also remain closed with essentials and medicines being supplied by the BMC.
The city reported 1,360 COVID positive cases on Monday and 1,321 cases on Sunday.