Vigilance Raid On Cuttack Addl Commissioner CT & GST: Assets Worth Crores, 6 Luxury Vehicles
Cuttack: Odisha Vigilance, which on Monday conducted raids on properties of additional Commissioner of Commercial Tax & GST (Cuttack) Piyush Kanta Pani on charges of accumulating disproportionate assets, has unearthed assets worth crores and six luxury cars.
During searches, the following assets have been unearthed so far:
* 11 plots in a prime area of Bhubaneswar worth (approximately) Rs 3.7 crore as per registered sale deeds. Undervaluation during registration is suspected and actual value may be higher. A thorough probe is being done to verify this.
* One triple-storey residential building at Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar.
* Three triple-storey buildings and one single-storey building at Chorda Chowk, Jajpur Road, Jajpur.
* Farmhouse with an outhouse at Andharua, Bhubaneswar.
* Garage and single-storey building at Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar.
Measurement and valuation/assessment of the buildings is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
* Bank and insurance deposits worth Rs 53.63 lakh.
* Six costly four-wheelers:
Skoda Octavia (OR02-AG-8888) worth Rs 11,29,970.
Volkswagen Taigun (OD02-CA-8926) worth Rs 15,00,000.
Volkswagen Polo (OR02-BK-6000) worth Rs 8,50,000.
Skoda Fabia (OR05-AC-9797) worth Rs 9,00,000.
Skoda Superb (OD02-V-6357) worth Rs 10,50,000.
Skoda Ameo (OD02-BH-7002) worth Rs 7,25,410.
* Gold jewellery weighing 387 gm.
Pani is being questioned about his sources for the acquisition of assets.