Mumbai: Celebrity manager Disha Salian’s father Satish Salian has lodged a written complaint with the ACP of Malvani Police, Mumbai, stating that viral stories about his daughter’s rape and murder are untrue.
According to a report in Pinkvilla, Disha’s father has also refuted the reports about his daughter attending a high-profile party before her demise.
He has requested Mumbai police to take strict action against journalists who are reporting stories of rape and murder about Disha.
The subject line of his letter was: ‘Mental harassment and consequent victimization of my family and deceased daughter Disha Salian by journalists and media people.’
Read the letter below:
“Sir, I am writing this to you as my family has been continuously harassed by journalists and media people in relation to the death of my daughter Disha Salian. In light of the above unfortunate incident and circumstances, I had already submitted a written complaint in Malvani Police Station & ACP’s office vide letter dated: 13/07/2020 against derogatory posts and forwards being shared by the listed people in the said letter, leading to defamation of my deceased daughter and my family.
In addition to the said letter, I would like to bring to your attention, the atrocities of journalists and media people on my family.
The media people come unannounced at my house hiding their original brand in the name of interviews regarding the death of my daughter. They are providing the media with misleading news which are not only creating hindrance to the actual inquiry being conducted, but it’s also taking a toll on my family.
We are being harassed by these people by repeatedly questioning our faith in Mumbai Police and the way inquiries are being conducted. We have already given our statement to the police that we do not suspect anyone of foul play.
News about her involvement with any politician or attending parties with big names of film fraternity, rape, and murder are all the stories cooked by these media people just to sell it to channels. These stories hold no truth. These are misleading the people and tarnishing my daughter’s reputation and my family’s reputation. These fake news are taking a huge toll on my family’s health and we are being victimized by the media. We are completely satisfied with the investigations being conducted by Mumbai Police and have faith in them.
Through this letter, I would request you to take reasonable action against the concerned journalists, influencers, politicians and media for their insensitive act towards us.”
Earlier, there were reports that Disha, former manager of Sushant Singh Rajput, had called the actor hours before her demise.
An activist alleged that some high-profile people misbehaved with her at a party and she revealed it to Sushant. On learning about it, the miscreants allegedly murdered Disha on June 8 and then murdered Sushant on June 14.
Former Maharashtra Chief Minister Narayan Rane too alleged that Disha was raped and murdered as her autopsy reports revealed injury marks on her private parts.