Eating Guavas Is Very Beneficial; Here Are 10 Reasons Why
New Delhi: Guava is hailed as a super fruit due to its amazing health benefits.
“Guava is rich in vitamin C, lycopene and antioxidants that are good for skin. Guavas are also rich in manganese which helps the body to absorb other key nutrients from the food that we eat,” Dr Manoj K Ahuja from Sukhda Hospital was quoted as saying by NDTV.
“Guavas also contain folate, a mineral which helps promote fertility. The potassium in guavas helps normalise blood pressure levels as well. In fact, a banana and a guava contain almost the same amount of potassium. Since it contains about 80% of water it helps keep your skin hydrated,” the doctor added.
Here Are Some Amazing Health Benefits Of Guavas:
- Immunity Booster: Guava contains 4 times the vitamin C content present in oranges. Vitamin C boosts our immunity and protects us from common infections.
- Lowers Risk of Cancer: Lycopene, quercetin, vitamin C and other polyphenols present in Guava act as antioxidants which prevent the growth of cancer cells.
- Diabetes-Friendly: Guava is rich in fibre and has a low glycaemic index. The low glycemic index inhibits a sudden spike in sugar level and the fibrecontent helps in regulating the sugar levels.
- Treats Constipation: Guava seeds, if ingested whole or chewed, act as a laxative and help in the formation of healthy bowel movements.
- Improves Eyesight: The Vitamin A present in improves vision.
- Guava During Pregnancy: Guava contains folic acid, or vitamin B-9, which helps in development of the baby’s nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders.
- Beats Toothache: Guava leaves have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ability which fights infection. Consuming guava leaves or juice of guava leaves can cure toothaches, swollen gums and oral ulcers.
- Stress-Buster: The magnesium present in guava helps to combat stress and give your system a good energy boost.
- Cough and Cold: Guava is rich in vitamin-C and iron which helps fight cold and viral infections.
- Anti-Ageing Properties: Guavas are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and antioxidants like carotene and lycopene which keeps fine lines away.