Bhubaneswar: With temperatures rising in the state, the East Coast Railway (ECoR) has decided to implement the following steps to help passengers beat the heat and prevent heat-related problems:
- Water distribution outlets and equipment at all stations to be checked.
- Regular track maintenance and proper ballast profile along with full complement of fittings to avoid rail buckling.
- Electricals to be properly checked in all coaches, including luggage vans and pantry cars.
- Special emphasis has been given to introduce ‘Hot Weather Patrolling’ when the rail temperature goes beyond the specified limit to check track expansion and contraction.
- Adequate fire fighting equipment at stations, sensitive locations and inside trains are to be provided.
- Preventing passengers from carrying inflammable materials during their journey.
- Banners and posters on Fire Safety have been placed at sensitive locations.