Farmer Couple Electrocuted In Odisha’s Ganjam

0

Berhampur: A farmer couple was electrocuted after they came in contact with a live wire at Burupada village under Hinjilicut police limits in Ganjam district in the wee hours on Saturday.

The deceased were identified as Heena Samal (65) and his wife Bisnu Samal (55).

According to sources, the couple visited their farmland at around 4 am on Saturday to pluck cauliflowers. There, they accidentally touched an 11 KV live wire that was snapped from an electric pole.

Their son, Gouda Samal immediately rushed to the spot and admitted them to a hospital in Hinjili, but the doctors declared them dead at the hospital.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.