Choudwar: A huge fire broke out at CESU grid station located at Choudwar in Cuttack district on Monday.
Three fire tenders were pressed into action after getting a call from the grid staff. It took about an hour for the team of fire personnel to douse the flames.
“Several electrical feeders have been affected in the locality and power supply to hundreds of consumers disrupted due to the mishap”, a CESU employee informed.
Though the reason behind the fire mishap is not yet known, overheating of old and new transformers installed near the grid is suspected to be the cause.