Fire Breaks Out In NIT Girls’ Hostel At Rourkela In Odisha’s Sundargarh

Rourkela: Fire broke out in a girls’ hostel of National Institute of Technology (NIT) at Rourkela in Odisha’s Sundargarh district on Friday evening.

According to sources, some inmates of CV Raman Girls’ Hostel in the NIT campus found smoke coming out of a room and informed the authorities of the institute.

The security personnel of the NIT rushed to the hostel and found the room locked from outside. By the time they broke open the door, the entire room was on fire. However, they managed to extinguish the fire with the available extinguishers.

But all the belongings of the hostel boarder were damaged in the fire. Nobody was injured in the incident.

While the cause of fire has not been ascertained, it is suspected that it might have been started by short circuit in electrical connections.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.