Food, Music, Films Back On Airlines But What Will Happen If You Don’t Wear A Face Mask? Find Out
New Delhi: Food will be back for air travellers on domestic and international flights. The government on Friday permitted the airlines to serve pre-packed snacks, meals and beverages on domestic flights and hot meals on international flights, Hindustan Times (HT) reported quoting an official order.
Passengers who refuse to wear a face mask in a flight can be put on the no-fly list by the airline, a senior official of the aviation regulator DGCA was quoted as saying by HT.
In an order issued on Thursday, the Civil Aviation Ministry said, “Airlines may serve pre-packed snacks/meals/pre-packed beverages on domestic flights depending on the duration of flight.”
What is allowed and how?
- Hot meals and limited beverages
- Only single-use disposable trays, plates and cutlery should be used
- The crew have to wear a fresh set of gloves for every meal/beverage service
- In-flight entertainment system on international as well as domestic flights wherever available
- Disposable earphones or cleaned and disinfected headphones will be provided
- A passenger who refuses to wear a face mask can be put on no-fly list by the airline
- The airline and its cabin crew are sufficiently empowered under the existing DGCA rules to take action.
As per the DGCA rules, an airline can choose to put an unruly passenger on its no-fly list after internal deliberations. Subsequently, other airlines may follow suit in putting that passenger on their no-fly lists, the report added.