Bhubaneswar: The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has simplified the process to obtain a driving license and other related services.
Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. These can be availed without going to the Regional Transport Offices (RTOs), said the Ministry.
Anyone can avail these contactless services with Aadhaar notification, an official notification issued by the Ministry read.
Registration Certificates (RC), driving license and 18 other services can be accessed online. The Centre has also issued a draft notification for linking driving license and RC with the 12-digit unique identity number assigned to every citizen.
“This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contactless manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well,” tweeted the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India.
Here’s a list of contactless services:
– Learner’s License
– Renewal of driving license for which test of competence to drive is not required
– Duplicate driving license
– Change of address in driving license and certificate of registration
– Issue of international driving permit
– Surrender of a class of vehicle from license
– Application for temporary registration of the motor vehicle
– Application for registration of the motor vehicle with a fully built body
– Application for issue of duplicate certificate of registration
– Application for grant of NOC for a certificate of registration
– Notice of transfer of ownership of the motor vehicle
– Application for transfer of ownership of the motor vehicle
– Intimation of change of address in the certificate of registration
– Application for registration for driver training from an accredited driver training centre
– Application for registration of motor vehicle of a diplomatic officer
– Application for assignment of fresh registration mark of the motor vehicle of a diplomatic officer
– Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
– Termination of hire-purchase agreement