Girl Dies Of Burn Injuries As House Catches Fire In Odisha’s Ganjam

0

Berhampur: A girl, who had sustained burn injuries after her house caught fire, succumbed in hospital on Tuesday.

The girl, Mamuni Nayak, daughter of Bhagirathi Nayak of Duaragaon under Digapahandi block of Ganjam district, was serving food to her family members by lighting a kerosene lamp when the thatched roof of her house caught fire.

Digapahandi fire brigade extinguished the fire and rescued the family. While the family members were partially injured, Mamuni, who had passed Matriculation examination recently, sustained critical burn injury.

She was admitted to Bamkoi community health centre (CHC) and then shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital, here. As her condition deteriorated, she was taken to SCB Medical College and Hospital, Cuttack where she died.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.