Bhubaneswar: The new contactless payment system FASTag has become mandatory for all vehicles paying toll charges since January 1, 2021.
How To Buy FASTag
- At certain toll plazas. You have to show your vehicle papers and buy it there.
- Order online from Amazon and other e-commerce stores.
- Banks and payment banks like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, Kotak Bank, Axis Bank, Paytm Payments Bank, Airtel Payments Bank etc. If you acquire from payment banks, you can buy directly from the respective apps and use the same wallet.
Cost Of FASTag
The cost of buying a FASTag varies from bank to bank. Here are some of the charges:
1. Paytm — Rs 500 (Rs 250 refundable security deposit + Rs 150 minimum balance)
2. ICICI Bank — (Rs 99.12 + Rs 200 as deposit + Rs 200 as minimum balance)
How To Recharge FASTag
1. Use the FASTag wallet created by the issuing bank, and recharge it using internet banking, credit or debit cards or UPI.
2. Mobile wallet apps like Paytm and PhonePe lets you recharge FASTags issued by all banks.
3. Go to Amazon Pay>Bills>FASTag to recharge FASTags from Airtel Payments Bank, Bank of Baroda, City Union Bank, Equitas Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karur Vyasa Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Punjab National Bank and South Indian Bank.
4. PhonePe supports FASTags issued by Airtel Payments Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, City Union Bank, Equitas Small Finance Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDFC Bank, IDBI First Bank, Indian Highways Management Company FASTag, Indian IndusInd Bank, Karur Vyasa Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Paytm Payments Bank, Punjab National Bank, RBL FASTag, South Indian Bank and State Bank of India.
5. Paytm lets users buy and recharge its own FASTags and also manage others issued from Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Equitas Small Finance Bank, HDFC Bank, IDFC First Bank, Indian Highways Management Company FASTag, IndusInd Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
6. Google Pay has recently tied up with ICICI Bank to let you buy FASTags from its ‘Business and Bills’ section. You can also use it to top up FASTags issued by HDFC Bank, IDFC First Bank, IndusInd Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Kotak Mahindra Bank, ICICI Bank, Equitas Small Finance Bank, Federal Bank and the Indian Highways Management Company FASTag.