With the Union government having rolled COVID-19 vaccination for all above 18 years of age, it is making the process more digital. Now, a new service to find nearest vaccination centres has been launched on India’s favourite messaging app WhatsApp.
Here’s how it works:
- Save the official Govt of India’s Corona Helpdesk number 9013151515 on your phone. Alternatively, you can open the link wa.me/919013151515 on WhatsApp Web.
- Type Namaste, Hi or Hello to start the chat bot.
- You will receive a message stating basic details such as emergency contact numbers, Aarogya Setup app link, change of language, and more.
- Reply ‘1’ for ‘COVID Vaccination — Centres and Authentic Information’.
- Reply ‘1’ again for centres related information.
- It will ask you to enter your six-digit postal code.
- You will then receive a list of centres along with names, dates and number of slots.
- It will also have a link to CoWin site to book slots.