One Of The Most Vaccinated Countries Reimposes Curbs As Cases Rise

Dubai: One of the world’s highly vaccinated countries has been forced to close schools and restrict public gatherings for two weeks as COVID-19 infections have risen.

Seychelles, an archipelago in the Indian Ocean in East Africa, has fully vaccinated more than 60 per cent of its adult population. Percentage-wise, this is slightly higher than Israel, which has achieved 55.9 per cent.

Seychelles has a population of around 98,000 and is highly dependent on tourism for earning revenue.

The United Arab Emirates donated Seychelles the vaccines, 59 per cent of which was China’s Sinopharm. The remaining 41 per cent of the vaccines used are AstraZeneca’s.

Seychelles has seen cases rise to 1,068 on May 3 from 612 on April 28.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.