Bhubaneswar: Jio has launched a new facility for its users called “Emergency Data Loan” which would enable them to get instant high-speed data on loan and pay for it later.
The Mumbai-based telecom operator allows its prepaid subscribers to get upto 5 data loan packs of 1GB each, totalling 5GB. The subscribers can pay back for the added data later. The facility aims at helping the Jio users who have exhausted their existing data and are not able to purchase data top-up, according to a company release.
Each emergency loan pack carrying 1GB of high-speed data is valued at Rs 11. It can remain valid till the end of the validity of the base plan. It can be availed if one has an active base plan.
STEPS TO AVAIL EMERGENCY DATA LOAN FACILITY:
1. Open MyJio App and go to ‘menu’ on top left of the page
2. Select ‘Emergency Data Loan’ under mobile services
3. Click ‘Proceed’ on the emergency data loan banner
4. Select ‘Get emergency data’ option
5. Click ‘Activate now’ to get the emergency loan benefit
6. Emergency data loan benefit is activated.