Mumbai: Reliance Jio has partnered with AeroMobile, a subsidiary of Panasonic Avionics Corporation, to launch India’s first in-flight services.
The service will be available for JioPostpaid Plus users and currently, it can be used on international flights.
Once the government allows in-flight data access in Indian airspace, the service will be extended here as well.
The lowest pack is Rs 499 and it includes 250 MB data and 100 minutes of outgoing calls for a day. The highest pack is Rs 999 and has 1 GB data along with 100 minutes of outgoing calls.
“As the first Indian operator to launch an in-flight roaming bundle this proposition further cements Jio’s position as a market innovator and a technology leader, with a highly competitive offering that brings more value and greater experience for its nearly 400 million strong user base,” Jio said in a statement issued on Friday.
The in-flight pack can be activated once the flight reaches 20,000 feet or higher in the following way:
- Switch on the smartphone and turn-off the Airplane Mode
- Your phone will automatically connect to the AeroMobile network. The network name may differ depending on the handset.
- If your phone does not connect to the AeroMobile network automatically, you will need to go to ‘Carrier’ in your phone settings and manually select AeroMobile.
- Ensure Data Roaming is on to use data services.
- Once connected, you will receive a welcome text and other relevant information.
You can now use your mobile phone to call, text, email and surf the internet.