Know The Registration Process For NRI Odias Willing To Return After COVID-19 Lockdown
Bhubaneswar: With thousands of non-resident Odia workers set to return to their home state after the lifting of the second-phase of lockdown on May 3, the state government has made the online and offline registration mandatory for them.
Giving details of the registration process at a press briefing on Saturday, Principal Secretary, Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water, Deoranjan Kumar Singh said that each NRI Odia worker has to mention his/her Aadhar number else the registration will not be accepted.
Here is the process for registration:
- Log in to the Odisha COVID portal – https://covid19.odisha.gov.in either on the smartphone, desktop or laptop.
- Registration can be done either by the concerned person/his/her relative/Gram Panchayat nodal officer/ nodal officer in the urban local body (ULB).
- The applicant has to select one of the five appropriate categories viz., migrant worker, student, tourist, other professional and others.
- The applicant has to enter his/her name. In case of family, the name of head of the family should be mentioned.
- Enter the age and gender of the head of the family.
- Mention the Enter mobile an Aadhaar number of the head of the family.
- Select the present state where the family is currently staying then enter the district and city.
- Mention the number of family members willing to return to Odisha.
- Mention the details of each family member.
- The applicant has to mention the details of the location where his/her family will return. These include the district, block, gram panchayat, village and address.
- Enter the name and the mobile number of the local contact person who is a relative or a friend staying in Odisha.
- A one-time password (OTP) will be generated after providing the details by clicking the ‘submit’ button. After entering the OTP, a confirmation message will be sent on the registered mobile number of the applicant on successful registration.