Bhubaneswar: As is the norm. the state-level Republic Day parade will be held at Mahatma Gandhi Marg in teh Odisha capital on January 26. There will be traffic restrictions by the Twin City Commissionerate Police on vehicular movement on January 26 as well as the rehearsal on January 22, 23 and 24.
Here are the restrictions for all three days of the rehearsal and the actual parade on January 26:
* No heavy vehicle will be allowed on Janpath, from Ram Mandir to Rajmahal and back from 6.30 am till the parade is over. Vehicles will not be allowed to ply on Mahatma Gandhi Marg from 6.30 am till the parade is over.
* Vehicles will also not be allowed to come towards Rabindra Mandap crossing from Housing Board crossing side from 6.30 am and will be diverted at Keshari Talkies crossing towards the left side lane.
* No vehicle will be allowed to move towards PMG Square from A.G. Square side from 6.30 am. All teh vehicles will be diverted from Jaydev Bhawan crossing towards IDCOL auditorium side.
* Vehicles coming from 120 Infantry Battalion crossing will be diverted towards Unit-4 at MLA Colony crossing from 6.30 am onwards on January 26.
* All the lanes touching Mahatma Gandhi Marg will be sealed and only pedestrians will be allowed.
* These restrictions on traffic movement will also be imposed during rehearsal parade on January 22 and 23 between 2 pm and 5.30 pm, and on January 24 between 7 am and 10.30 am.
The following are the designated “Parking Places” during the parade hours:
BDA Bus Stand near Railway Station, open space in front of Congress Bhawan, open space in front of IDCOL Auditorium, open space in front of Jaydev Bhawan, open space in front of SBI in Unit-III, open space inside Rabindra Mandap and Unit-II Girls’ High School Ground.