Legendary Footballer Ronaldinho Tests COVID-19 Positive
Sao Paulo: Former Brazilian soccer star Ronaldinho Gaucho confirmed that he has tested COVID-19 positive and is in self-isolation in a hotel, reports news agency Reuters.
The former Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain striker was in Belo Horizonte, where he represented a local side Atletico Mineiro when he was diagnosed with the infection.
“I arrived in BH (Belo Horizonte) yesterday, I took the COVID test, I tested positive, I am good, asymptomatic so far,” the two-time FIFA World Player of the year said on Instagram on Sunday.
The 40-year-old former AC Milan, Gremio and Flamengo striker said he would remain isolated in a hotel until his condition improved, according to Reuters.
It may be recalled that the legendary forward had spent a month in a Paraguayan jail with his brother and business manager earlier in 2020 after they were accused of entering the country with fake passports.