Man Charred To Death After Blanket Catches Fire In Odisha’s Nabarangpur

Nabarangpur: A man died after his blanket caught fire from dry leaves and twigs which he had left burning near his bed for warmth at Butisergi village of Belagaon panchayat under Jharigaon block in Odisha Nabarangpur district, late on Sunday.

The deceased has been identified as Bhikari Mali (55).

According to sources, the mishap occurred when Bhikari was sleeping in a room away from his wife while his, Bhuban Mali, had gone to a farmland to guard paddy crops. “When I returned home around 7 am, I found my father dead. I don’t know how and when the fire mishap occurred,” his son said.

On being informed, local police reached the spot and launched a probe.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.