Mason Electrocuted At Odisha MLA’s House

0

Balangir: A mason was electrocuted to death while working at Patnagarh MLA Saroj Meher’s under-construction house in Balangir district.

The deceased was identified as Dinger Bariha (46).

According to Dinger’s co-workers, he was engaged in plastering work on the rooftop of the house at Patnagarh when he came in contact with a live wire on Thursday.

He was rushed to a hospital, but doctors there declared him brought dead.

The victim’s son, Radhakanta Bariha, lodged a complaint at Patnagarh police station. He told police that his father worked at the under-construction house at Patnagarh, but was unaware if it belonged to the MLA.

Police said they have registered a case of unnatural death and waiting for the post-mortem report.

Despite repeated attempts, the MLA could not be contacted for his comment.

Last year, Meher was in the news for forcing a junior engineer of Public Works Department (PWD) to do sit-ups over poor road construction work. He was later arrested after a complaint was lodged in this regard, The New Indian Express reported.

Also Read: Engineer Sit-Ups: Patnagarh MLA Saroj Meher Arrested

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.