Balangir: A mason was electrocuted to death while working at Patnagarh MLA Saroj Meher’s under-construction house in Balangir district.
The deceased was identified as Dinger Bariha (46).
According to Dinger’s co-workers, he was engaged in plastering work on the rooftop of the house at Patnagarh when he came in contact with a live wire on Thursday.
He was rushed to a hospital, but doctors there declared him brought dead.
The victim’s son, Radhakanta Bariha, lodged a complaint at Patnagarh police station. He told police that his father worked at the under-construction house at Patnagarh, but was unaware if it belonged to the MLA.
Police said they have registered a case of unnatural death and waiting for the post-mortem report.
Despite repeated attempts, the MLA could not be contacted for his comment.
Last year, Meher was in the news for forcing a junior engineer of Public Works Department (PWD) to do sit-ups over poor road construction work. He was later arrested after a complaint was lodged in this regard, The New Indian Express reported.