Minor Boy Comes In Contact With Live Wire Near Puja Pandal, Dies In Odisha’s Ganjam

Berhampur: A minor boy died after coming in contact with a live electricity wire at a Ganesh puja pandal in Odisha’s Ganjam district on Saturday.

The incident took place at Manahara village under Golanthara police limits. The 15-year-old boy, A Subham Patra, who studies in Class X of Balaji Vidyapith at Kanisi, was staying in the house of his uncle Raghunath Patra in the village as  his parents work in Hyderabad.

In the morning, Subham had gone to Ganesh puja pandal in front of the house. He came in contact with a live electricity wire by accident and fell unconscious.

The villagers rushed Subham to MKCG Medical College and Hospital at Berhampur. But the doctors declared him brought dead.

Raghunath has filed a complaint at Golanthara police station in this connection. The police have registered a case and sent the body for post-mortem.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.