The online registration process to appear in the National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) for admission to NISER Bhubaneswar and CEBS Mumbai will begin from January 7.
NEST is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by the Department of Atomic Energy.
The test will be conducted in around 90 cities across the country.
Candidates are advised to visit the NEST official website (nestexam.in) for the registration process; for information brochure and the syllabus which will be uploaded soon.
Candidates in general and OBC category should be born on or after August 1, 2000. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ divyangjan candidates.
Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2018 or 2019. Candidates appearing in 2020 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
At least 60 per cent marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognised board. For SC, ST candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55 per cent.
- Registration / Online application opens : January 7, 2020 (6:30 pm)
- Online application closes: April 3, 2020 (midnight)
- Download of admit card starts: April 24, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Date of examination: June 06, 2020 (Saturday)
- Announcement of results on NEST website: June 16, 2020
- First Counselling of NISER Bhubaneswar: To be Announced
- First Counselling of CEBS Mumbai: To be Announced