New Delhi: The Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) is implementing the new amended rules of Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989 from Thursday.
Here are the changes that will be applicable from Thursday throughout the country:
- Physical presence of vehicular documents such as DL, RC, and Insurance are not required.
- Vehicle owners are allowed to upload and maintain a record of their vehicle’s documents on apps like Digi-locker or m-parivahan.
- Vehicular documents found authorised through electronic means will not be demanded in physical forms for any kind of inspection.
- A DL can be disqualified if needed through the government’s digital portal where the details of the violator will be recorded.
- Details of driving licenses disqualified or revoked by the licensing authority will be recorded and updated chronologically in the portal.
- E-challans will also be registered on the government’s digital portal.
- Violators’ records will be maintained digitally and electronically.
- Not only this, the time stamp of inspection, police officer or any other concerned officer’s identity will also be recorded on the govt’s portal.
The Odisha State Transport Corporation has been allowing using e-documents of vehicle papers since last year.