Odisha Cabinet Decisions: University Of Health Sciences, Job Regularisation Of Language Teachers & Others Here
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Cabinet on Tuesday approved proposals of different departments including establishment of a university of health sciences.
The university is proposed for ensuring affiliation, proper and systematic instruction, training, and research in Modern Medicine, Mental Health Education, Dental Education, Homoeopathy & Ayurveda, Nursing Education, Pharmacy Education, Paramedical Education, Physiotherapy, Allied Medical Science and any other medical or paramedical course.
The other major decisions taken by the Cabinet include the following:
- Regularisation of services of 100 contractual language teachers as one-time measure
- The timeline for continuation of private PDS dealer extended from five years to five and half years for smooth functioning of PDS.
- The Odisha Drugs Control Service [Drugs Control Administration] (Methods of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2020 framed.
- The function of the Drugs Control Organisation is to regulate the manufacturing, import, distribution and sale of Drugs. The objectives are to assess the quality of drugs.
- All the Allopathic and Homoeopathic sales and manufacturing units in the State will be inspected regularly to stop the menace of spurious and adulterateddrugs, cosmetics and medical devices.
- Certain provisions of the Odisha Housing Board Act, 1968 amended to meet the government policy for “Housing for All” with the State Housing Board as a major player in the sector.
- Amendment of the Odisha Land Rights to Slum Dwellers Act, 2017 to allow settlement of land in possession of slum dweller to the extent of 30 square meter.
- The interest payable on delayed payment of premium by Odisha State Housing Board (OSHB) and Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) to the tune of Rs 2915.47 lakh waived. However, the OSHB & BDA shall pay the outstanding premium of Rs 74.97 lakh and Rs 491.55 lakh respectively as prevailing at the time of handing over of possession/issuance of land allotment order.
- OMPTS Rules, 2007 amended to make the method of stacking and sampling of minerals more scientific and accurate to exactly ascertain the quantity and grades by the use of online technology.
- Provision has also been introduced to facilitate use of drone technology for surveillance in the mining area and monitoring of mining activities.
- The term of imprisonment for illegal mining has been enhanced from one year to two years and the fine amount from Rs 25,OOO to Rs 5 lakh and from Rs 500 to Rs 50,OOO to prevent illegal mining and to deal with illegal mining cases more strongly.
- Government Guarantee extended from five to seven years including moratorium period of two years for availing loan from banks by GRIDCO as against sanctioned Government Guarantee of Rs 1500 crore and Rs 2600 crore for 2019-20 and 2020-21 respectively.
- State-level sports infrastructure development project approved for expansion of Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar and construction of International Hockey Stadium in Rourkela. Out of the total estimated cost of Rs 356.38 crore, Rs 90 crores will be allocated through budgetary allocation spreading across three financial years starting from 2020-21.