Odisha CM Launches 22 Major Industrial Projects Worth Rs 13,311 Crore
Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday performed the ground-breaking of 20 industrial projects and inaugurated 2 projects in metal, tourism, textile, cement, plastic and food processing sectors.
The industrial units with a combined investment of Rs 13,311.53 crore is expected to generate employment opportunities for 10,677 persons.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said Odisha is attracting impressive investments in the manufacturing sector, making its position stronger as a manufacturing hub of India. ‘Mo Sarkar’ and 5T Initiatives of the government are in place to effectively streamline the investment facilitation mechanism in the state, he added.
He further said over the past few years, Odisha has emerged as number one investment destination with 18% share of all investments nationally from April to September, 2019. The state’s investment promotion agency, IPICOL has been recognised as the “Top Performer” among 20 state investment promotion agencies in the country.
Naveen also launched the mobile version of GO PLUS, a land bank information system, and said it will be particularly helpful for micro, small and medium enterprises.
Minister of Energy, Industries, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Captain Dibya Shankar Mishra said with the launching of these projects, Odisha has moved one step ahead in industrialisation. Secretary to Chief Minster (5-T) VK Pandian moderated the programme.
The projects that were inaugurated include a five-star hotel in Bhubaneswar by Lifeline Multi-ventures with an investment of Rs 150.38 crore and a 2.5 MTPA cement grinding unit at Tangi-Choudwar by OCL India Ltd with an investment of Rs 441.43 crore.
The projects for which ground-breaking was done are:
- Yazdani Steel & Power Limited at Kalinganagar, Jajpur
- KTL Logistics and Services Limited (Purvi Bharat) at Choudwar, Cuttack
- Shyam Metalics and Energy Limited at Pandloi, Sambalpur
- Fun Leela Water Park at Lahandabud, Jharsuguda
- Lackeir Stilit Plastic Industry at Rambha, Ganjam
- Jindal Stainless Ltd at Kalinganagar, Jajpur
- Shiva Cement Limited at Kutra, Sundergarh
- MGM Minerals Limited at Nimdha, Dhenkanal
- GM Iron & Steel Company Limited at Parjang, Dhenkanal
- BR Sponge and Power Limited at Tumkela, Sundergarh
- Excellence Engimac Pvt Ltd at Chhatabar, Khurda
- Surya International at Info Valley II, Khurda
- RR Amusement Park at Balangir
- Pallavi Polymers at Ganeswarpur, Balasore
- Sushant Minerals Pvt Ltd at Choudwar, Cuttack
- TP Ingredients Pvt Ltd at Chhatabar, Khurda
- Supuf Industries Pvt Ltd at Ramdaspur, Cuttack
- Lisa Plastics at Chhatabar, Khurda
- Ranganath Transformers Pvt Ltd at Jaymangal, Khurda
- Karubaki Enterprises at Kurki, Puri