Bhubaneswar: The Higher Education department on Thursday announced the dates and SOP for admission into post-graduate courses in universities and colleges across the state.
The first merit list will be published on December 5, while reporting, document verification, payment and admission of selected candidates will be held from Dec 9 to 11, according to a release.
Following is the SOP for admission:
– “State level Provisional Merit List” was published at website: www.samsodisha.gov.in for public view on 21-1-2020.
– Merit based University/College- wise selection for each subject will be published on 05-Dec-2020.
– Students can view their selection status at student login and accordingly Intimation Letter will be self-generated by them and a printout shall be kept by them
– The admission process will consist of 3 rounds. After 3 Rounds, if seats remain vacant, then SPOT Admission may be considered.
– As per the selection list, students are required to visit the concerned University/College with necessary documents in original and their photocopies (with 5 Photographs) for necessary verification and completion of admission process. Certificates/documents in support of the social category, PwD status and weightage must be verified by the Universities/Colleges at the time of admission along with Common Application Form (CAF) details.
– Admission and other fees shall be deposited in offline mode i.e. at cash collection counter at the time of admission.
– University/College needs to update the status of admitted students in their e-Space created under SAMS after end of each admission round.
– “Slide-Up Option Form” wi11 be enabled in the student’s login for submitting OTP based consent for participating in the slide-up process for next round. If an applicant does not opt for slide-up in his/her “Student Login, s/he will not be considered for slide up to his/her higher option institutions.
– University /College can deny admission to a student for a particular round under some specific situations, such as mismatch in marks, reservation claims, and false weightage claims etc. and gross mismatch of student’s details, etc. In such cases, Universities /Colleges have to verify their certificates and necessary documents meticulously and rectify the error by clicking ‘ERROR CORRECTION” button and submit the application online. These applications may be considered for subsequent rounds of selection.
– However, if the correction in career marks, weightage etc. of a student remain within the cut off mark of that subject for that institution, then there is no need of “ERROR CORRECTION” and s/he shall be allowed to take admission in that particular round. Necessary rectification will be done at a later stage
– Universities/Colleges must display the arrangement of admission prominently at the entrance and in different entry points to provide information to Students/Parents.
– All COVID-19 guidelines shall be adhered to including sanitization, social distancing, etc.