Bhubaneswar: To contain the spread of coronavirus, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Friday launched a mobile app named ‘Sachetak’ exclusively for the co-morbid and senior citizens in the Odisha capital.
The app, developed by Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited, will help to keep track of the vulnerable section of the society.
Users can register using their mobile number and a one-time password (OTP). After registering, one has to enter the following:
• Ward of residence in Bhubaneswar
• Comorbidity or existing diseases
• Any type or surgery etc.
• Caregiver and doctor details
This database will help identify people at risk. The BMC can also use this data to plan healthcare camps in advance for a particular area where vulnerable groups are present.
Using the app, users can:
• Explore resources shared on COVID protection
• Consult a doctor for specific diseases
• View responses from doctors
• View updates on COVID quarantine, positive cases, etc in their ward as well as other wards and
Bhubaneswar and Odisha
• Update their profile if necessary
• Share feedback & refer friends and family
The app connects doctors on phone for advice on specific diseases. Responses from doctors can be recorded on the app.
The BMC has assured that data will be kept private and not misused.