Bhubaneswar: CESUConnect – a mobile phone application for the benefit of customers during lockdown – was launched by Central Electricity Supply Utility of Odisha (CESU) on Friday.
The app, launched through video conference by Odisha Energy Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra, is available on Google Play Store and will help consumers pay their electricity bills and lodge electricity or billing-related complaints at a time when people have to stay at home to prevent the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
Following are salient features of CESUConnect:
- Registering Electricity-Related or Bill-Related Complaints to CESU.
- Payment of Electricity Dues through various digital modes like debit card, credit card, net banking, BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System), mobile phone digital wallets.
- Checking current bill status.
- Viewing consumption pattern for last six months.
- Viewing payment history of last six months.
- Viewing bill history of last six months.
- Managing Multiple Consumer Accounts.
- Registration of power theft information under CESU Reward Scheme where the informer gets 10% of amount realised from such information.