Kandhamal: Odisha Chief Secretary Asit Kumar Tripathy and 5T Secretary VK Pandian met the district Collectors of Balangir, Bargarh, Sonepur and Kandhamal and issued strict instructions to facilitate agricultural activities.
They stressed on the following measures:
1. Procurement of Rabi paddy, which will start in first week of May, should be facilitated. Collectors to personally monitor.
2. Speedy implementation of MGNREGA.
3. Strict vigil on the Chhattisgarh border of Bargarh District.
On issues of Lockdown 2.0, Tripathy and Pandian passed on the following instructions:
1. Facilitate agricultural and other activities exempted from the lockdown.
2. Collectors should monitor and facilitate procurement of Rabi paddy.
3. Facilitate procurement and sale of minor forest produce in Kadhamal.
4. Ensure food is served to the destitute and helpless people in the gram panchayats and urban areas.
The SPs in all four districts were asked to:
1. Ensure that lockdown is enforced strictly.
2. Ensure smooth movement of agriculture produce.
3. SP Bargarh to maintain strict vigil on the Chhatisgarh border of his district.