Bhubaneswar: In another step for creation of employment opportunities through industrialisation, the state government on Tuesday approved 8 industrial projects envisaging an investment of Rs 1242.02 crore.
The projects in the metal and metal downstream, IT & ESDM, manufacturing, logistics and tourism sectors got the in principle approval at a State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Suresh Chandra Mahapatra on digital mode. These projects will create employment opportunities for 3135 persons in the state.
Speaking at the meeting, Mohapatra directed the departments concerned to facilitate early grounding and commissioning of the projects. IPICOL was directed to provide necessary handholding support.
The approved projects included the following:
- A 30,000 MTPA atomized iron powder plant of SLM Powders Private Limited with investment of Rs 67.83 crore to be set up in IDCO Industrial Estate Kulanga in Sundergarh district with potential employment opportunities of over 430.
- Manufacturing unit of PET Preforms and Closures (Unit-II) of 24,000 tonne /annum capacity for the food & beverage industries to be set up by Oricon Enterprises Ltd in Khurda with an investment of Rs 120 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 110 persons.
- Manufacturing unit for production of solar panel, advanced storage batteries like Li-ion battery, electronics products for energy management, electromechanical components and USB data cable and HDMI cable by Surya International at EMC Park (Info Valley), Khurda with an investment of Rs 67.50 crore with employment potential for over 680 persons.
- Logistics Park by Jagannath Industrial and Logistics Parks Private Limited at Tangi Choudwar in Cuttack with an investment of Rs 140 crore and employment potential of over 110 persons.
- Integrated heavy beach sands project by IREL IDCOL Ltd at Krushnaprasad in Puri with an investment of Rs 460 crore and employment potential for over 800 persons.
- 5-star hotel-cum-luxury resort by Pravat Hospitality Private Limited in Puri with an investment of Rs 135.69 crore and potential employment opportunities for over 350 persons.
- 5-star luxury resort by Swosti Premium Ltd in Puri with an investment of Rs 134 crore and employment potential for over 310 persons.
- 4-star hotel by Hotel Eden Roc in Bhubaneswar with an investment of Rs 117 crore and employment potential for over 345 persons.
Principal secretary, Industry Hemant Kumar Sharma presented the scrutinised projects with its financial, product and technological details for discussion. He said IPICOL has recently submitted the State Reform Action Plan (SRAP) – 2020. The reforms calibrated with the government’s policy initiatives have helped the state attract investments worth Rs 1,20,456.74 crore in the last one year across the six focused sectors.
Development Commissioner Pradeep Kumar Jena along with Additional Chief Secretaries, Principal Secretaries, Secretaries and senior officers of concerned departments participated in the deliberations.