Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Wednesday approved eight investment proposals worth over Rs 6400 crore in various industrial sectors at different meetings of two authorities.
At a meeting of the High Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, in-principle approval was accorded to three major industrial projects with an estimated investment of Rs 5358.24 crore in the metal and metal downstream, cement, refinery and petrochemicals sectors. The projects are expected to generate employment opportunities for 3667 persons.
Following are the details of the three projects:
● Expansion of Yazdani Steel & Power Limited’s Integrated Steel Plant from a capacity of 0.07 MTPA to 1.19 MTPA against an investment of Rs 2415 crore in Kalinganagar, Jajpur, with potential employment opportunities for over 2867 persons.
● Additional clinker capacity of 1.32 MTPA and cement capacity of 1.05 MTPA by Shiva Cement Limited (SCL) with an investment of Rs 1523.24 crore at Telighana, Kutra, Sundargarh. It will generate employment opportunities for over 600 persons.
● Development of crude oil terminal to be set up by Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) at Paradeep in Jagatsinghpur with an investment of Rs 1420 crore. It will generate employment opportunities for over 200 persons.
Before the HLCA meeting, State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) chaired by chief secretary Suresh Chandra Mahapatra cleared 5 industrial projects with an investment of Rs 1085.08 crore in the metal and metal downstream, fertilizer, food processing and tourism sectors. These projects are expected to create 964 employment opportunities.
The details of the projects are as follow:
● A sulphuric acid expansion project unit with an additional annual capacity of 6,60,000 tonne by Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) with an investment of Rs 400 crore at Paradip, Jagatsinghpur.
● 0.04 MTPA ferro manganese plant, 0.12 MTPA manganese beneficiation, 1 MTPA iron ore beneficiation and 18 MW CPP plant by Patnaik Minerals Private Limited in Sundargarh with an investment of Rs 243 crore.
● A 250 KLPD grain-based distillery unit for production of ethanol and extra-neutral alcohol (ENA) and IMFL/IMIL bottling unit along with a 5.50 MW cogeneration power to be set up by Premier Alcobev Private Limited at Bamra in Sambalpur with an investment of Rs 275 crore.
● A 116 KLPD grain-based distillery plant (IMFL/ IMIL) (in two phases) and 1 lakh/month bottling plant to be set up by Cuttack Agrivet Pvt Ltd at Mundali in Cuttack With Rs 112.50 crore.
● A 4-star-hotel-cum-resort by SJ Developers and Housing Private Limited in Jasuapur, Pipili in Puri district with an investment of Rs 54.58 crore.
The government had garnered Rs 1,19,214.72 crore worth of investment since February last year.