Odisha MP Takes Up Improvement In Train Services In 2 Districts With Rly Minister
Bhubaneswar: MP Mahesh Sahoo has drawn the intervention of Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw towards improvement of railway services in Odisha’s Dhenkanal and Angul districts.
Dhenkanal MP submitted a letter to the minister during a meeting in New Delhi, seeking introduction of new trains, increase of frequency and extension of trains and passenger terminal at Angul.
Sting that central parts of Odisha, particularly Dhenkanal and Angul districts, were rich in mineral deposits and hub of industrial activities, Sahoo said he has been several demands regarding train communication in the area. He demanded introduction of an intercity train between Angul and Howrah and passenger train between Angul/ Talcher and Paradeep via Cuttack.
Sahoo demanded increase in frequency of the following trains:
- 22803/22804 Sambalpur-Shalimar SF Express from weekly to 3 days in a week.
- 20307/20808 Visakhapatnam-Amritsar Hirakud Express from 3 days in a week to daily.
- 12879/12880 Bhubaneswar-LTT SF Express from bi-weekly to daily.
- 20861/20862 Puri-Ahmedabad SF Express from weekly to three days in a week.
The MP also sought extension of the following trains originating from Bhubaneswar to Angul:
- 12829/12830 Bhubaneswar-MGR Chennai Central SF Express.
- 12897/12898 Bhubaneswar-Puducherry SF Express.
- 20895/20896 Bhubaneswar-Rameswaram SF Express.
- 12845/12846 Bhubaneswar-SMVT Bengaluru SF Express.
- 17015/17016 Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad Visakha Express.