Odisha Reports 7 More COVID Casualties Including 2 With No Comorbidities
Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 toll in Odisha went up to 8,514 on Saturday with seven more deaths in the last 24 hours.
According to the Health Department, a 47-year-old man of Angul district and 65-year-old man of Jajpur district died with no comorbidities.
Details of the deceased:
- A 47-year-old male of Angul district.
- A 61-year-old female of Angul district who was also suffering from diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
- A 50-year-old female of Bhadrak district who was also suffering from diabetes mellitus.
- A 40-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from diabetes mellitus.
- A 65-year-old male of Jajpur district.
- A 65-year-old female of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
- A 53-year-old female of Puri district who was also suffering from cerebro vascular accident.
With these seven cases, Odisha has reported 48 COVID deaths so far in January.
There were 56 casualties in December. As many as 80 COVID deaths were reported in November, 134 in October and 346 in September. Similarly, 2,056 fatalities were registered in August, while July saw 1,903 deaths, June 1,272 and May 737, said sources in the Health Department.
The second wave of the pandemic claimed 48 children and adolescents in Odisha. As many as 13 of these deaths were reported between August 10 and 31.