Odisha ‘Superstar’ Anubhav Mohanty Breaks Silence On Marital Discord
Cuttack: A day after Ollywood actress Varsha Priyadarshini filed a petition in SDJM court here, alleging domestic violence, actor-turned-politician Anubhav Mohanty on Sunday broke his silence on the matter by issuing a press statement.
• I have maintained a staunch silence on this matter since last few months and never intended to make my personal life public but since there are agenda-driven stories being written about me in media, I am compelled to speak up. Dignity is the right of every individual and there are always two sides to a story.
• It’s always said that marriages are made in heaven but they fail quite several times. And my marriage is not the first one or the last one to fail.
• I have loved Varsha deeply and married her. I deeply respect Varsha for the successful woman she is. My marriage has been in bad shape since long. I have tried my level best to reason, to explain, to understand, and to make amends; unfortunately, things did not shape up as expected.
• Hence, it seemed the best way to part ways amicably. I and my family sincerely tried our best for a mutual separation just because we were concerned about each other’s social image and dignity.
• Only after failing in this I had no other option left rather than filing for a divorce petition in the Hon’ble Court Of Law. I filed my divorce petition in July 2020.
• I respect Varsha as a woman, as an individual and also as a hard worker. I and my lawyer ensured that my petition doesn’t leak in any case because it was a case of marital discord.
• My father hasn’t been keeping well over the last few months, and the unfortunate friction between Varsha and me has been painful for me and my family.
• In these troubling times, it pains me to see the malicious, fictitious, frivolous, and baseless accusations that have been levelled against me.
• I have full faith in the Almighty, the judicial system, and in the good sense that must prevail upon all of us.
• The matter is subjudice; hence I would not like to comment further on it. But I would like to request all of you to kindly respect the personal space, privacy, and dignity of Varsha, her family, my family, and me. It is one of the most painful and sad phases of my life, yet it is my personal life, and I request all of you to kindly respect it and not resort to rumour-mongering.