One Of Two Jawans Dies After Electrocution in Odisha’s Nabarangapur

Umerkote: A police jawan died after electrocution at Raighar Kodbhata police camp Saturday morning while another policeman was injured when he tried to switch off power connection in a bid to save the former.

According to sources, Isaac Harijan died after electrocution when he placed his hand on a window at his camp. He died instantaneously. He hailed from Jatabal village of Nabarangapur district.

Meanwhile, Tanka Saura, a colleague, who saw Isaac get electric jitters tried to switch off power, but he was also electrocuted before he collapsed. He was shifted to Raighar primary health centre for treatment. A short-circuit in the tin roof of the camp is stated to be the cause behind the mishap.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.