Online Application Process For Plus II Admission Begins In Odisha; Check Key Dates
Bhubaneswar: The online application process for Plus II admission for 2023-24 academic session in Odisha commenced through the Student Academic Management System (SAMS) portal on Monday.
The online Common Application Form (CAF) for the admission was made available on the website – www.samsodisha.gov.in – from 11 am.
According to the official notification, the last date for submission of application is June 20.
The first merit list will be published on June 28 and the candidates can apply for admission from June 29-July 5. The second merit list will be published on July 13, and those featuring on the list can take admission from July 14-17. To bring transparency in spot admission, the department is allowing students to apply online this year and accordingly, changes have been made to SAMS (e-Admission) application.
While the admission process will end on July 27, classes will begin on July 29, it added.
With 5.12 lakh students having passed Class X exam this year against the seat strength of 5.09 lakh at Plus II level, the government is also planning to open 106 more higher secondary schools from this session. Of these, 100 schools will be in Arts stream and six in Science. Each of the schools will have two sections and the combined seat strength of the institutions will be 13,468., sources said.
- Commencement of online Common Application Form (CAF) for admission to Class XU in the SAMS Portal (www.samsodisha.gov.in): May 29 (11.00 am)
- Last date for submission of online Common Application Form (CAF) (www.samsodisha.gov.in): June 20 (11.45 pm)
- Publication of the First Selection Merit List and downloading of intimation letter: June 28 (11.45 pm)
- Reporting time for First Selection applicants and admission: June 29 -July 5 (up to 6 pm)
- Admission data updation of the First Selection applicants and error correction by Higher Secondary Schools in the SAMS e-Space: June 29 -July 6 (up to 6 pm)
- Online submission of slide-up request by students who have taken admission in first selection: June 29 -July 7 (up to 6 pm)
- Publication of Second Selection Merit List and downloading of intimation letter: July 13 (up to 3 pm)
- Reporting time for Second Selection applicants and admission: July 14-17 (up to 6 pm)
- Admission data updation of the Second Selection applicants and error correction by Higher Secondary Schools in SAMS e-Space: July 14-17 (up to 9 pm)
- Last date for the opening of Choice Locking (only slide-up request opted candidates) facility in the remaining higher option for Spot admission: July 19 (up to 11 am)
- Last date for submission of Choice Locking in the remaining higher options for spot admission: July 19 to 21 (up to 11.45 pm)
- Publication of SPOT Selection and downloading of Intimation Letter in the Student Login: 26.07.2023 (up to 11.00 AM)
- Reporting of First Selection applicants and admission updation at HSS level: July 26 (12 noon) to July 27 (up to 6 pm)
- Commencement of Class-XI: July 29