Bhubaneswar: Indian Metals & Ferro Alloys Limited (IMFA) in conjunction with its CSR wing Bansidhar and Ila Panda Foundation (BIPF) presented the prestigious Prof Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship (PGDS) for higher education in 2020-2021 to six meritorious students.
The scholarship amount will cover 90% of the academic fee and related expenses for the entire duration of the course covering a maximum of Rs 4 lakh for each student.
The recipients of the award are:
1. Anita Kujur (MBBS, MKCG Medical College, Berhampur) is a
2. Himanshu Ranjan Prusty (MBBS, MKCG Medical College, Berhampur)
3. Deepak Kumar Mohanty (B Tech – Mechanical Engineering, NIT Rourkela)
4. Roshan Paik (MBBS, VIMSAR, Burla)
5. Ashutosh Sahoo (MBBS, SCB Medical College, Cuttack)
6. Sambit Kumar Ayach (B Tech — Mining, Govt College of Engg, Keonjhar).
The virtual event hosted by BIPF, the scholarships were awarded to the meritorious students by Subhrakant Panda, Managing Director, IMFA and Trustee, BIPF in the presence of senior executives of
IMFA and BIPF.
IMFA’s trysts with ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ began with a single vision shared by Dr Bansidhar Panda and Ila Panda. Instituted in 2005, the scholarship is named after renowned historian Prof.
Ghanashyam Dash, father of Ila Panda, in an effort to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from economically weaker sections.